How to Use the Grade Calculator
Keeping track of your class grade is essential for academic success. Use our calculator to keep tabs on your progress; enter your assignments, their grades and weights and voilà! Curious what grade you’ll need on the final? Check out our final grade calculator.
For those who prefer text instead of videos, follow the steps below to calculate your class grade. It’s easy!
- Enter your assessment nameTo start, enter the name of the assessment. This could be a homework assignment, essay or exam.
- Enter your assessment gradeNext, enter the grade you received for that particular assessment. You can select a letter or percent.
- Enter your assessment weightIn the last field, enter the assessment’s percentage weight in the class (i.e. how many points it is worth). These are often found on the class syllabus.
- Add another assessment (optional)Select “add assessment” to add another assessment row to your class, and then repeat steps 1–3 for the new item.
- Add another class (optional)Click on the “add class” button to start calculating your grade for another class, and then follow the same process as before.